Friday, April 30, 2010

Reflections

Overall I thought it was relatively simple, except for the fact that I really don't like blogging and felt I was being forced to do something I didn't feel was relevant to English class. Because of that I fought it way too much and now my grade will probably suck for not giving a shit, high five to me!Anyway I thought some of the blogs we did were good for the fact that they the ideas behind them and what we did them on I found to be really interesting. I probably would have wrote on them if I didn't have to do it in blog form, don't ask me why. F*** the man mentality I guess.
I wouldn't really say that I improved my Blogging over the semester. I really didn't have an ambition for it. I would on the other hand say that I did improve my writing in the class overall. If you had seen some of my writing before this class you might have been disappointed. I actually really tried on the papers and I think im just now starting to actually write some decent worth while reads. I liked the subject matter I wrote on and I enjoyed the freedom under rule that we had.
I definitely learned that I still don't like web writing as much as I did before I did it. I remember seeing an add for twitter and I thought why the hell do people do that, they must be way too bored. Today as im writing this I am really bored so that might have something to do with it.Overall the class was really good and im still against blogging but I don't think its a bad way to run the class. It works for the majority of people and your always gonna have a problem with a select few. Im one of them.

1 comment:

  1. well I appreciate your candor on the situation. the way most english classes do these assignments is that you do a series of "informal writings" that you would type up and turn in to me, they each get graded individually, and then I tally up the percentage for your grade. It's not a bad system and I might go back to it. Really I think your problem, Nate, is of a cantankerous nature. There's very little difference in the amount of work that you do, it's just the format that's different. but it's true, there's something psychological about it; I have a feeling if you wrote this in a word document and were made to print it out, you wouldn't make silly mistakes like:

    high five to me!Anyway I thought some of the blogs we did were good for the fact that they the ideas behind them and what we did them on I found to be really interesting.

    What's that they doing there? Would you have found it in word if a little underline squiggly told you to correct it? Anyway, I am considering the pros and cons of this system and I appreciate your input.

    I recognize the work you put into your papers and you'll be rewarded accordingly.

    ReplyDelete